The AC is here. WL6500ac-USB supports data transmission rates up to 450Mbps on Wireless-AC 5 GHz band or up to 150 Mbps speed on Wireless-N 2.4 GHz band, and compatible with Wireless-A (802.11a), Wireless-B (802.11b), Wireless-G (802.11g), Wireless-N (802.11n) and Wireless-AC (802.11ac) Wi-Fi Standards. Faster data speed and wider coverage area enable you to enjoy network applications from further away, without any interruptions.
The AmbiCom WL6500ac-USB adapter makes the switch to 11ac painless and efficient and boosts your device's Wi-Fi capability to handle whatever you throw at it. The small, lightweight design sits virtually unnoticed in any USB drive while movies, music and data stream at the speeds you really need in today's fast-paced, bandwidth-intensive environment. Future-proofing your laptop to communicate and sync with the next wave of 11ac-ready smartphones and tablets, the WL6500ac-USB adapter makes vital power-savings for your device by transferring data faster and more efficiently. In a mobile-centric, power-critical environment where syncing, multi-screen apps, and peer-to-peer wireless networking are increasingly prevalent, along with the enterprise-level deployment of 11ac and widespread BYOD company policies, upgrading your devices has never been more essential. 11ac technology unlocks a new world of potential Wi-Fi applications and the intelligent, imaginative solutions presented by AmbiCom keep users at the heart of Wi-Fi tech evolution. The advances in wireless speed and stability of 11ac mean an exciting next-generation of Wi-Fi home entertainment, and the WL6500ac-USB adapter is designed to bring that next-generation into homes around the world, providing accessibility for end-users to what matters the most: a better and smarter wireless experience.
WL6500ac-USB also supports easy set-up secure wireless network feature, simply press a button, your device will automatically setup the WIFI security with a compatible wireless router. Setting up a secure wireless network has never been so easy.
- Backward compatible with 5GHz and 2.4GHz 802.11a/b/g/n standards
- Supports 64 / 128-bit WEP Encryption, 802.11i, TKIP, AES, Mixed Mode Security
- Supports QoS. Automatic manage high priority audio / video data streaming bandwidth control. Example: VOIP, WebTV, Internet radio
- Easy wireless security set up
- Up to 450Mbps on Wireless-AC 5 GHz band or up to 150 Mbps speed on Wireless-N 2.4 GHz band
- Windows Vista/XP64/7/8
- Linux drivers available.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Available USB 2.0/1.1 port. (USB 2.0 port provides higher speed)
Driver Notes: For maximum performance, use a USB 2.0 port.
- Do not insert the Wireless USB yet.
- Download and Unzip to your Desktop.
- Double click the EXE file to install the driver.
- At the end of installation, insert the Wireless USB into a USB port.
- For Linux driver, please contact email@example.com.